I want to hug the person who invented those flameless soybean wax melts. Although I love candles, we live in an old house that is practically made of toothpicks, so I am always looking for flame-free ways to perfume my home. You can simply place wax cubes in a heater to heat them (our heater is electric so there is no open flame). And when they melt, they smell like candles.
Although buying them is not expensive, making your own smelters allows you to control what happens in them. These three-ingredient soy wax melts are paraffin-free and contain only essential oils, so you never have to worry about inhaling something cramped.
DIY soy wax melts
You don’t necessarily need many accessories to melt your wax.
I use soy wax for me because it is non-toxic and easy to find in most craft stores. However, I have seen that they are also made with beeswax (a little more expensive) or paraffin wax (health). Since there is no open flame, the wax must melt at a lower temperature, so I add a little oil. And finally, I use different essential oils to increase the aromatherapy factor. You should choose cheap oils in large bottles to perfume the whole room. I like lemon, grapefruit and lavender oils, but go ahead and use what you prefer.
- Silicon mold, small muffin pan or ice cube tray
- 2 cups soy wax flakes
1/4 A cup of almond or grape seed oil
- 1/4 A cup of almond or grape seed oil
- 1-2 tablespoons of the essential oil of your choice
- Old 16 ounce glass jar
- In a small saucepan
- Optional: clay, ground herbs or beet root powder for a natural color
1. Place the soy wax flakes in an old heat-resistant glass jar. Put the jar in the saucepan and fill the pan with water until it reaches about half the sides of the jar.
2. Simmer on low heat until the wax melts.
3. Allow to cool on low heat for two minutes. Blend almond oil and essential oils. Even though soy wax melt australia of essential oils sounds like a lot, the wax might not be as fragrant. If necessary, add more oil. If you want to add color to your melts, do so now.
4. Allow the wax to cool in the mold.
5. To use, place 2 or 3 melts in the heater and let the smell fill your house as it melts.